Have a question?
Need a custom solution?
Book a call with a local repSchedule Here
|The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring the monthly financial data is accurate and updated in a timely fashion. The position will maintain the general ledger, assist with the monthly close, year-end audit and tax audits. The candidate must be willing to learn a variety of back-office procedures and serve as a reliable backup to the transaction processing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player that has a combination of public and private sector experience and is excited about supporting a growing global business.
|· Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger
· Responsible for daily cash reporting and reconciliations, including analyzing cash receipts and disbursements and preparing cash flow reports and projections
· Prepare and post monthly general ledger journal entries
· Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger account reconciliations, researching and resolving all discrepancies
· Assist with the monthly close process including detailed review of accounts
· Provide support during year-end audit, including accurate and timely documentation and analysis for external auditor requests
· Responsible for manufacturing cost and variance analysis
· Prepare monthly intercompany elimination journal entries
· Update fixed asset records and reconcile to general ledger
· Calculate monthly commissions
· Serve as a backup to the accounting department team members when necessary
· Facilitate data collection required for analysis and reporting of key business segments and various business operations and discuss ways to work together to improve the month end close process
· Document company processes and procedures and monitor internal controls
· Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively within the accounting department and across the company to meet frequent deadlines
· Ability to function in a fast paced, multi-company environment with experience in consolidated financial statements
· Review sales and use tax returns, prepare 1099s and other external reports
· Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements: